Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sickness

So, life has been so interesting since the twins turned one and not in such a good way. They have been sick off and on since April 13th. Started out with just goopy eyes and Nick took them to the doctor. Landyn ended up having a double ear infection and it looked like Ayden was heading down the same road also. Both boys were given meds and looked like everyone was on the mend. All of a sudden 2 days later,  Ayden had a fever for 24 hours. That went away. The next week Landyn had a fever and Nick took him back to the dr. and after 10 days of meds he still had an ear infection. Over the weekend Ayden started running a temp and it got up to 104 and he has a bad cough. So now I am using my last sick day to take both boys to the doctor for the 4th time in a month (1 time was for their 12 month appointment). I decided I would take both because Landyn has a rash and I don't want to have to go back again. The babysitter said it was the curse of turning one. Hoping everyone is well to go to the zoo next weekend for the free teacher day!

On the up side, I only have 18 more days left to work this school year, plus two or three days for the conference I signed up for.  I can't wait to be home to spend more time with my babies, who aren't really babies so much anymore.

Despite all the sickness we have still managed to have some fun. The last two Saturdays were spent and Crown Center in the Animals Tales and Trails exhibit and this Saturday Nick and I went on a date to celebrate our 4 year anniversary a month early. We went to Em Chamas Brazilian Steakhouse. We can't wait to go back it was really good and unique!
My cute little Ayden

Kelvin (My Nephew) helping Landyn go down the slide at Crown Center

My goofy little Landyn

Ayden and Daddy crawling through the tunnels at Crown Center

No comments:

Post a Comment